Tuesday 3 January 2012

Dinner time noms!


So last night for dinner I made beef stroganoff from that little packet up there, I have made it before but never bothered to write about it. I know its a packet of powder so it probably has alot more salt in it than if I made it myself, but I don't always have the stuff I need in the house to make this fresh everytime I think oooh beef stroganoff sounds nice. This is so easy to make as well alll you need is an onion, mushrooms, and beef(it says rump steak but I get whatever is on offer) then you just brown the onions and the meat and mushrooms and add the milk with the sauce mix! I think the best bit is that I use skim milk so in my mind that is better than getting out creams and stuff and putting em in a sauce. For what this is powder in a packet that you can buy at the store for about a pound it is really tasty and makes a nice dinner. I find it is best with something like mashed potatoes, but I have been known to eat it with cous cous or rice. Maybe if I was being lazy I could do it with a jacket potato but that day hasn't come yet. Anywho so if you like this kind of thing and don't always have time to make the sauce yourself I would give this a go as it is really nice for what you pay for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment