Friday 13 January 2012

Fruit on salad...is it as nice as people say?



So basically the above picture is of a salad my sister made with fruit on it. So me being me I went commented on the picture and said "ick fruit on salad". Some reason I find the idea of people putting fruit on salad replusive, it kind of just puts me off I honestly have no idea why. I mean I love fruit and I love to eat salad so it seems sensible that I would like the two together. It could be the fact that the only time I have sampled this type of thing is in a chain resturant which means that I probably found the dressing too sweet or too sour, and that will just make me stop eating all together. That could be why I don't really care for it, but who knows maybe its one of the foods I will never really like.

Now the best salads for me are ones that have a tasty cheese, variety of veggies, and some sort of meat on them. The salad I was eating all this summer had mixed salad, sliced chorizo, garlic and herb cheese, and any type of veggie you can imagine really. It was so good and the chorizo just sort of gave the whole thing a nice flavor. This salad was much better than anything you can get pre-made at the store. Another good thing I do for a salad is pan fry some chicken and chop it up and put it on top. You can season it with anything you like really and it will still taste awesome!
So that is pretty much all I have to say on this for the minute maybe if I ask my sister nicely I can post what was in the salad and what dressing she used and post it on here for everyone to see.


upcoming stuff:
lots of baking
some new soup
and anything else that pops in my head


Credit: Ashley for the picture of her salad

No comments:

Post a Comment